As HR Generalist your role is to support, develop and implement policies & procedures in line with the company strategy for HR, legal, incident and compliance management.
In this role the individual will act as a first point of contact for all customers to the Human Resources & Legal team, providing an effective Human Resource/ administration service.
You will be responsible for all aspects of the HR and Legal Administrative function (for both internal colleagues and external colleagues) playing a key role in development and implementation of sound HR policy, possessing superb communication and administration skill, and the ability to handle all written and verbal employee queries and incidents with the utmost confidentiality.
Day to Day responsibilities (80%):
- Represent HR on the Management team, ensuring HR related issues are considered within the overall business strategy as requested under guidance and support of Director of Capabilities
- Continuously review ongoing trends and updates for benchmarking purposes in HR Legal and Compliance
- Maintain up to date employee records of benefits, plans and participation such as contracts, non-disclosure agreements, insurance and pension plans, new hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Advising senior management on HR issues and changes to employment law in collaboration with Director of Capabilities
- Keep up to date with Employment Law regulations inclusive of Health & Safety to ensure compliance with rules and regulations
- Manage employee relations ensuring best practice and compliance with legislation to protect the company from legal actions
- Design and implement evergreen company policies and procedures acknowledging differentiation between internal and external colleagues to include Employee handbooks
- Project manage, plan and implement people initiatives and projects to enable employees and the organisation to achieve goals.
- Execute other tasks as deemed appropriate by leadership.
- Investigate and update claims data for colleagues as appropriate in centralised tracker
- Answer calls/emails from colleagues and client representation regarding new and open claims
- Respond to all related queries in a prompt, professional and timely manner escalating to Director level as deemed necessary
- Ensure all paperwork which is required to keep us legally compliant is sought and recorded
- Gather information on all claims from instigation to conclusion
- Ensure that all injury and incident data, potential claims, are handled on time and effectively
- Engage Insurance Brokers and other relevant parties as required
- Work with appropriate third parties gathering all relevant insurance details and communicate next steps via centralised tracker
- Keep files updated with any relevant information / correspondence
- Production and analysis of case statistics as required
Innovation and Strategic Projects (20%):
- Present new ideas and suggestions for improvement under ongoing target for innovation within the business
- Support in the design and implementation of Kaizen Academy division in collaboration with Director of Capabilities.
o Identify course providers and course content with high probability of interest and uptake for Kaizen colleagues internally and externally (in field)
o Curate online content for colleagues supporting soft skill development for job attainment and career development such as interview skills, cv preparation etc
o Support in ongoing development of Kaizen Academy as a wellbeing and support tool
- Support in and propose projects for improvement as deemed appropriate
- Organised and efficient: you will be highly organised and efficient in your work, with a strong attention to detail and ability to work effectively to deadlines.
- Adaptable team player: you will work flexibly and collaboratively within your direct team and with colleagues across the organisation.
- Effective communicator: you will have excellent and engaging communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills with an ability to build relationships
- Technology savvy: you will have a high level of proficiency in the MS Office suite, and experience of working with databases, as well as using technology to support internal processes.
- A practical problem-solver: you are highly practical and able to come up with solutions and create efficiencies where possible
- Curious and proactive: you will be interested in HR and keen to develop and grow your skills, in a supportive environment. You will be proactive about identifying opportunities to improve how we work.
- HR qualification / CIPD accreditation preferred
- Minimum of 3 years customer services and team experience
- Experience working to process and policy in a structured environment
- Excellent organisation skills with proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work as part of a team which shares a common goal.
- Ability to use initiative and seek direction when appropriate.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure with excellent planning, to meet strict deadlines and targets